All warriors appreciate that physical fitness, and a keen focused mind is essential to battle. Within Sanatan Shastar Vidiya, warriors maintained their fitness through proper diet and emphasis on a tough regime of exercise akin to a mixture of circuit training, yoga and traditional weights.
The traditional regime of exercise is known as Sanjam Kiriya Variyam - the self-disciplining exercises of warriors. All forms of drug or alcohol abuse and addiction are severely condemned.� The diet and exercise regime includes the following benefits:
- Increases longevity and general wellbeing.
- Enhanced stamina.
- Increasing the suppleness of the body without compromising agility.
- Building explosive muscular strength.
- Nurturing tendon strength.
- Increasing bone density.
- Maintains steady nerves.
- Driving toward creating a 'sadol' (a muscular symmetrical) body.
- Maintains a healthy digestive system.
- Increasing over all energy levels.
- Improving quality of sleep.
- Improving body balance.
- Improving eye, hand and limb coordination.
- Improving hand speed.